Expert Automobile appraisals by Gary Matesic for JLA Treasures, LLC
JLA Treasures can appraise your modern, classic or antique automobile for insurance, litigation, diminished value, or Federal Estate Tax purposes. We also buy and sell vehicles for clients. See below for our experience/credentials in this area.
• Owned a Texas-licensed Independent Automobile Dealership from 1996-2005, most recently under General Distinguishing Number P45782.
• Authorized auction representative for Auto Group of Plano, Plano, Texas, 2005 – present.
• Appraisals prepared since 1996 on both recent model and classic vehicles for insurance, litigation, diminished value, and Federal Estate Tax purposes.
• Notable cars appraised include a 1923 Rolls-Royce 20HP Watson Roadster, a 1968 Shelby (Ford) GT500 convertible, and a 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona.
• Testifying expert in Texas courts since 1999.
• As a dealer, bought and sold in excess of 400 motor vehicles of all types, from motorcycles to automobiles to one-ton trucks (gasoline and diesel), including a number of antique and collectible vehicles.
• Have represented clients at auctions since 1996, including the sale of a 1923 Rolls-Royce at the Bonhams auction in Scottsdale, Arizona – January, 2012.
• Antique and collectible vehicles were purchased and sold all over the USA, and also shipped to clients in the UK, Germany and Japan.
• Personally owned a 1970 Buick GSX that received a “Gold” Award (highest level) at the 1996 Buick Club of America (BCA) National Meet.
• Currently own a 1981 Chevrolet Corvette which has been awarded “Top Flight” status at the National Corvette Restorers Society (NCRS) regional meet in Frisco, Texas – October, 2012.
• Have been collecting, restoring and racing automobiles since 1968.
• Quoted in a 1983 article on automobile repair together with noted professional IndyCar driver Lyn St. James, by theHouston Chronicle.
• Was the subject of a 2001 feature business article in the Plano Star Courier.
• Certified National Show Judge for the Buick Club of America, certification granted in 1996.
• Held an NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) Competition Driver’s License, 1999-2001.
• Member of the National Corvette Restorers Society, the Dallas Mopar Club, and the Lone Star Corvette Club.
• Former member of the Aston Martin Owners Club, the Pontiac-Oakland Club International, the Lone Star Performance Buick Club, and the Mercedes-Benz Owners Club.
• Invited to participate in the inaugural Concours d’Elegance of Texas, May, 2012.